Error Configuring / Starting Vagrant

I downloaded and installed the latest versions of vagrant and Virtual Box per the instructions in chapter 0 and I am having trouble with starting the vm. Below are the error and the version of Windows 10 I am using. Please help me get past this hurdle so I can complete the homework.

Thanks,

==> mongod-m103: Booting VM…
There was an error while executing VBoxManage, a CLI used by Vagrant
for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.

Command: [“startvm”, “4ed6a2cb-5b5f-4566-bc87-e86c889707b5”, “–type”, “headless”]

Stderr: VBoxManage.exe: error: Failed to open/create the internal network ‘HostInterfaceNetworking-VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter #2’ (VERR_INTNET_FLT_IF_NOT_FOUND).
VBoxManage.exe: error: Failed to attach the network LUN (VERR_INTNET_FLT_IF_NOT_FOUND)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole

Windows 10 Home version 1809

Hi @farmbouy,

Some users on Windows have got this error and got resolved. The points and their resolution are mentioned here .

If no resolution works, please try doing the process on other machine. It worked for few people.here is an example

Can you give it a try and let me know what happens!

Thanks,
Muskan
Curriculum Support Engineer

Thanks for the response @Muskan_47318. I actually have a Centos7 box and got everything up and running smoothly. Already finished chapters 0 and 1 and started 2.

Alex

1 Like