Electron-rebuild and ssl libs on Windows

When using realm-js with Electron, I have to run electron-rebuild. The rebuild recompiles realms from sources, so it needs SSL libs installed on C:\src\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows-static\lib. It is possible to configure the path somehow or to make it relative? E.g. some env variable like REALM_SSL_LIBS etc.?
Thanks

Moreover, I miss in README.md doc about build on Linux (need to install at least libssl-dev) and that Windows build needs Windows SDK 10 (it was Windows SDK 8.1 in the former versions).

Also, the README.md starts with: “… and Node.js (on MacOS and Linux) but …” - missing Windows :wink:

Hi @Ondrej_Medek,

It has been a while since you posted this question. Were you able to find a solution?

If you still need help investigating, can you provide some more information about your environment including the versions of:

• realm-js
  • Electron
  • Node.js
  • Windows

The specific error encountered during electron-rebuild would also be useful.

Thanks,
Stennie

Hi @Stennie_X, the electron-rebuild work ok for me (realm-js 5.0.2, Electron 8) on Windows. It just needs to have SSL libs on the absolute path C:\src\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows-static\lib, it is described in realm-js README.md in the section Building Realm I am just asking if it would be possible to have this path relative or configurable, e.g. by an env variable.

Also, the README.md has quite a few obsolete information.

Hi Ondrej,
Feature requests and adjustments to the readme would be very welcome as github issues. The forum here is mostly for community answers to “how do I?” kind of questions.
Thanks!

1 Like

Ok, I’ve made a GitHub issue #2784