Don't know what to do with file "data/comments.bson.gz", skipping

Hello,

I am running the following command:

./mongorestore --drop --gzip --uri mongodb+srv://m220student:m220password@mflix-XXXXX.mongodb.net/test data

And the output is:

|---|---|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.222+0000|don't know what to do with file "data/comments.bson.gz", skipping...|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.222+0000|don't know what to do with file "data/comments.metadata.json.gz", skipping...|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.222+0000|don't know what to do with file "data/movies.bson.gz", skipping...|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.223+0000|don't know what to do with file "data/movies.metadata.json.gz", skipping...|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.223+0000|don't know what to do with file "data/sessions.bson.gz", skipping...|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.223+0000|don't know what to do with file "data/sessions.metadata.json.gz", skipping...|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.223+0000|don't know what to do with file "data/theaters.bson.gz", skipping...|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.223+0000|don't know what to do with file "data/theaters.metadata.json.gz", skipping...|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.223+0000|don't know what to do with file "data/users.bson.gz", skipping...|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.223+0000|don't know what to do with file "data/users.metadata.json.gz", skipping...|
|2019-02-17T00:25:15.223+0000|done|

When I connect to Atlas cluster nothing was created. Can you have any ideas on what the problem is?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Actually I solved the problem. I tried to copy the data folder into a different structure before running the command so it was not inside my project folder. Although I was navigating to a folder outside the data in the new structure the command would run unsuccessfully. When I navigated back to the original structure and executed the command from mflix folder it worked perfectly. Thank you very much.

Thank You, I had the same problem.

I was earlier having mongo v3.4.19 installed , which was not even giving this error. After upgrading to mongo v4.0.6 , it started showing this error.

Under data folder I moved the .gz files one level up and deleted mflix folder, looks like the mongorestore uses this “mflix” folder as a db name.