Documentation site downtime

Hii,

I am facing constant 503 and 504 errors when accessing docs.mongodb.com past 1 day. It says - “Error 503 between bytes timeout”. Also, the community forum is way too slow today. Is there any issues going on?

Hi Shrey,

We have several monitoring systems for our sites including a public Pingdom page (status.mongodb.com) and have not had any reported issues. Our global team also uses both sites extensively (and from a variety of home network connections given the current Covid situation).

However, I would not be surprised if there was more internet congestion this past weekend given the Easter holidays observed in many countries combined with social distancing requirements.

The Docs & Community sites are currently hosted on separate infrastructure — Docs is a static site using Fastly CDN; the Community site is a web application. If both sites are slow, I suggest checking if your ISP has a status page for known issues (or you could try contacting their support).

The 503 errors suggest a possible issue with your local Fastly CDN servers fetching or caching some of the documentation content. These are more difficult issues to troubleshoot remotely because CDNs play some tricks with DNS resolution, but hopefully the problems are transient.

To help investigate this, when you encounter a page error can you confirm:

• What IP address shows when you ping docs.mongodb.com from a terminal session
  • The URL you were requesting
  • The specific error message

Regards,
Stennie

Hi @Stennie_X, yes it may be a load factor. The community forum is now opening, a bit lag is there though. All my other websites are responding so not maybe a ISP issue. Docs are opening but sending me 503 / 504 errors a few times now. This is a screen shot of the docs website, opening the graphLookup aggregation stage. Though now it is responding well, it crashes intermittently.

Seeing slowness from mongodocs
Getting same message

Error 503 Backend unavailable, connection timeout
Backend unavailable, connection timeout

Pinging mongodb.map.fastly.net [151.101.10.133] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 151.101.10.133: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=60
Reply from 151.101.10.133: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=60

Hi @shrey_batra, @Ramachandra_Tummala,

Thanks for providing some extra details - the team is investigating with Fastly.

Regards,
Stennie

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.