$count and $sort inside $search

We have a sort inside $search beta. Who would like to use it? :grinning:

The best way to get to notified about it or receive the documentation is to go here as mentioned by @Elle_Shwer: Faster Sorting with Atlas Search – MongoDB Feedback Engine

1 Like

:raised_hand: Yes! Please let me know how

Yessssssssss how do we use it?

Hello Marcus, I did the form just now.

Please I am very interested in test the beta $sort function inside $search.

Currently we hace experimenting many timeouts request, or 20-30seconds in the best cases.

@KaMi_Lml @Kyle_Mcarthur2 Did you see my email? I emailed about pagination, which is tightly integrated

Heeelo! Any news here?

:raised_hand:

Hi, I did the form just now.
I am very interested to test the $sort function inside $search too.

Hello. We are facing the same issue with $sort and skip/limit after $search. This is blocking our development right now, due to some queries running more than 10s, while a response search for us needs to return in 2-3s.
Very eager to test the new sorting in Atlas search! Please add me to the list, thanks!

1 Like

I’m also facing this issue in production.

Our high value clients that have many documents in our search index are impacted the most because of timeouts due to the pagination controls and sorting the documents by descending order.

we need a solution also with this topic. We need to sort the search query
Thanks in advance

1 Like

any update on this @Elle_Shwer ?

1 Like

Hi all, we have a GA sort solution coming VERY soon. Looking forward to announcing it.

3 Likes

Yes!!! Thank you! This issue is so painful for us and our customers.

Please let us know here in this thread in case I miss the email.

Sort is GA, check it out here: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/atlas-search/sort/

It is only available on MongoDB version 6.0+ for sharded environments

Is it possible to specify a sort on the relevance score as well? If yes, would be great if the documentation included details and example. We have a situation where we would like to sort by the relevance (as default) and also specify reverse chronological order for matches with same relevance. Our index is mostly data, so we do end up with matches that have identical relevance.

Sort by score is not yet supported but is on our short term roadmap. Feel free to file the request here: feedback.mongodb.com

FYI Sort by Score is available. See here

1 Like

Thanks, this feature works great