Could not connect to sandbox cluster

mongocluster

I have different version of shell and server …is that the issue ?

Hi Nitesh_23297,

You screenshot states that you are able to connect to your cluster, you can see this line:

MongoDB Enterprise Cluster0-shard-0:PRIMARY> 

That means you are in the mongo shell. You have successfully connected to your sandbox.

The error:

Error while trying to show server startup warnings: user is not allowed to do action [getLog] on [admin.]

It is just a message meaning your user is not allowed to do getLog on admin. You can continue working in the mongo shell.

For information on the Buil-in roles, please check mongodb-docs

Thanks, Kanika

hi Nitesh_23297,
The Error says it needs to be logged as an Admin to make changes on db!
so you need to give access to a user as an admin or make a new user as the admin and when you want to connect to your db you should pass it,
Example:
mongo “mongodb://themongodc-shard-00-00-to5du.mongodb.net:27017,themongodc-shard-00-01-to5du.mongodb.net:27017,themongodc-shard-00-02-to5du.mongodb.net:27017/test?replicaSet=TheMongoDc-shard-0” --ssl --authenticationDatabase admin --username username --password password

i uswd a new user with atlas admin as the role and it connected without the error, but i cant make changes or read db

can you do find on the movie title before you update. It will help to see if the record exists. The search string are case sensitive. I think the problem is the record you are searching is not available

still not reading documents

the record is there

can you do show collections or show dbs to see what is available in your db connection. Is your mongo shell and compass connected to same sandbox ?

surprisingly,its working now
thanks