"Connection reset" if trying to connect to vm

Every time I try to connect to the “database” vm with “vagrant ssh database” I get:
ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset
I already tried to reinstall vagrant but I didn’t help. How can I get it to work?
PS: I’m using Windows 10 and vagrant version 2.2.1.

Hi Thomas_39366,

I would verify try the following

• Be sure that you’ve installed vagrant plugin install vagrant-vbguest

• Check BIOS setting and make sure that virtualization is enabled. It seems it’s possible to get this point while virtualization is disabled. Also make sure Hyper-V is disabled. Connection reset by peer

• vagrant status

• Also check whether the VMS are really running by connecting through virtual box. It will prompt for username and password: vagrant/vagrant

• To start over I would recommend run vagrant destroy in the m310 directory followed by vagrant up on a per machine basis: vagrant up database. Note: the destroy command does not remove the downloaded box (baseline machine) so you won’t have to wait for the download to complete again. Vagrant Destroy destroys all resources that were created during the machine creation process.

If your VMs are up and running and look healthy (you can connect through virtual box) I would look at trying a different shell updating and/or updating your host configuration. Check out the following - these have helps other students.

Vagrant Issue 9433
Vagrant Issue 7823

Hope that helps,

David

If “vagrant status” reports that both hosts are working correctly, you can also try the following to login:

ssh vagrant@192.168.31.100

You then use the password “vagrant”. Connecting this way bypasses the use of key authentication and some expectations that Vagrant may have about the login.