Connection issue to my cluster sandbox from Compass

Hi,
Am getting this error when am trying to connect from Compass.
I have setup sandbox and created an admin user, there it shows Authentication method is SCRAM, there is no option to select and in compass in the drop down it shows only SCRAM-SHA-256. With Authentication as UserId/password it gives incorrect authentication.

Please help if anyone has come across this.

Regards,
Nawaz

Can you upload your screenshots

Hi @Nawaz_96798

SCRAM in Atlas refers to SCRAM-SHA-256 in this case so you have the correct settings. Can you share your sandbox URI and can you also confirm that you have configured your Atlas Whitelist to all connections from everywhere ?

This is part of “Chapter 2: The MongoDB Query Language + Atlas - Lab 2.0: Create an Atlas Sandbox Cluster (Ungraded)”, specifically it’s step 6.
6. Next, configure the security settings of this cluster, by enabling the IP Whitelist and MongoDB Users :

Kindest regards,
Eoin

Hi Eoin,
Thanks for responding. Yes I had done all the steps including whitelisting ips etc. I ended up creating another user and now am able to connect from Compass. Earlier user m001-student am able to connect from CLI but not from compass.

Regards,
Nawaz

Hi @Nawaz_96798

I’m happy to hear you have managed to sort it out and good luck with the rest of the course!

Kindest regards,
Eoin