Connection Issue m320-96m7e.mongodb.net

Hi,
I am not able to connect to MongoDB Compass. Request you to kindly help.
Note: I have disabled firewalls on my system. I am attaching the screenshots for your reference.

I am using the below connection parameters as suggested.

Hostname : m320-96m7e.mongodb.net
SRV Record : ON
Authentication : Username / Password
Username : m320-student
Password : m320-password

Thanks
Amit Singh
Email: amitks98550@gmail.com

I’ve just connected successfully using those details, with the exception that you don’t appear to be prompted for a port number. My connection screen looks like this, and the default port number 27012 works for me.

Thanks for the update.
I have tried with the below approach as well. Not able to connect yet.

Thanks

Hello @Amit_15228
Can you tell us what OS are you using?
Can you show us the error message when trying to connect? Is it only the ETIMEOUT of the 2nd pic?
It appears as a Firewall problem (timeouts usually are). Probably on your side

Thank you

Just checking if you have an Atlas account and whether you have whitelisted your IP address?

@Opubo_19608 the cluster we’re trying to connect to isn’t ours, it was created by the MongoDB University folks, apparently for some purpose related to this course (although I’m nearly at the end of week 2 now and I haven’t had to use it). An Atlas account is only required if you want to set up your own cluster, you don’t need one to connect to an existing cluster. And any whitelisting of IP addresses is the responsibility of the owner / DBAs of the cluster, not the person trying to connect a client to it.

The cluster is working fine from my end. Any problem is related to your network not establishing the outside connection.

Amit,

The cluster is accessible from all IPs, so you don’t need to do anything, this is handled by the MongoDB University team.

As suggested by a few of your colleagues, this is likely a firewall issue.

Here are a few things you can try to help understand or work around the issue:

A) if this is a laptop, try accessing the Atlas cluster from outside your organization.
B) from within the organization, try accessing the following site: http://portquiz.net:27017

If the latter fails, it likely means the port 27017 is blocked by the firewall of your organization or by the firewall on your machine.

Regards,
Daniel.

Thanks @Simon_39939, I’m well aware of that. My follow-up to that was to have the OP test to see whether the he receives the same error message whilst connecting to his personal Atlas account with/without the whitelist. More of an exploratory test than a solution.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Windows 10 64 Bit. My compass version is 1.19.6. I have even checked by disabling the firewall. Also even if I have opened the firewall I am able to telnet the port 27017.

Thanks
Amit

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Windows 10 64 Bit. My compass version is 1.19.6. I have even checked by disabling the firewall. Also even if I have opened the firewall I am able to telnet the port 27017. I am attaching the error screenshot that I am getting after making the SRV Record On and Off. Thanks for you help.

Thanks
Amit

I am also getting same error “querySrv ETIMEOUT _mongodb._tcp.m320-96m7e.mongodb.net”
Have you got any solution?

Hi @Amit_15228 and @NayanaNarkhede,

Can you try connecting from some other network? If the issue still persists then please get back to us.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer