Connecting to sandbox cluster

having successfully connected to the sandbox cluster i created both from compass and the shell yesterday cannot connect today. When I try to get connection from compass receive message ‘bad auth Authentication failed’. I have checked the video to see fields are filled in correctly and password is correct. have also done connection problem checks suggested here

Hi PIERS_81809,

If you are connecting to your sandbox cluster, then please re-check with the users through cloud.

• Go to Security -> Users

• Or you can just click on Command Line Tools , and check if you can connect through your terminal window.
    Connect -> Connect via Mongo Shell

• Is your IP Whitelisted. Go to Security -> IP Whitelist tab -> Allow Access from Anywhere

Let me know.

Also, can you share the command you are using, incase you are still not able to connect.
Or on a safe side, create one more user with simple username and password and try again.

Kanika

Thank you for your response.

As per the video instructions I copied the standard connection string from -> connect via the mongo shell to the command line and replaced the password as instructed. This worked the first day and i was able to connect but now it says ‘exception: login failed’ which is caused by bad auth Authentication failed, The same error occurs if i try to connect to the sandbox from compass. I have followed all the video instructions for example have allowed access from anywhere and am able ping cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net,

would deleting the cluster and starting again be an option?

thanks again

maybe the password for the mongoDB user is different?

you could try deleting the m001-student and creating a new user

1 Like

Kanika Singla

I cannot connect to my cluster, I am getting

What does that mean? Is there a way of checking/ or resetting the details for my cluster in Atlas?

Please check for Replica set name.

You can use cloud.mongodb.com and click on Connect -> Connect through Compass.

Let me know if it helps.

Kanika

Thanks for getting back to me, I had to re-install Compass twice before it finally worked with all the same credentials so it’s a problem with how it downloads I guess.

1 Like

I am in the the middle of chapter 3 and this message comes up.

What does that mean? What is the problem?

Generally, this message appears when you submit all the answers of Final Exam.

From your screenshot, I see only message. Please share the full screenshot so that I can understand better.

Kanika

Thanks for getting back to me, that’s what I presumed but I have only answered two questions on the exam and not even completely finished the lectures in Chapter 3 so you can understand my confusion.

Hi Zack_67637,

Thanks for sharing the information. I have notified the team, we will soon do the changes.

For now, please ignore the message and Good Luck with the course!

Kanika