Connect to class Atlas Cluster from mongo Shell Failed

When I try to run below command in Windows command prompt, it fails as shown screenshot.
mongo “mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/test?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0” --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl --username m001-student --password m001-mongodb-basics

Hi @Lee_Hong_Leung,

Are you connected to a VPN network / office network ?

It looks like a network issue from your end. I’m able to connect fine.

Can you try to connect using a different network ?

~ Shubham

I’m using my home network.

Hi Shubham,

I tried telnet, it can be connected.
telnet cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net 27017
telnet cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net 27017
telnet cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net 27017

Is it my MongoDB Shell not compatible with the cluster? I downloaded and installed MongoDB Enterprise Server 4.4.0 from https://www.mongodb.com/try/download/enterprise, and added C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\4.4\bin into the Path environment variable, but when I run mongodb shell, it tells me it’s MongoDB shell version v3.4.1. Did I make some mistakes?

Do you have multiple mongodb versions?
May be your path is having two mongodb/bin entries and older one is taking precedence
Try to remove older one and see

1 Like

Fixed, thank you so much Ramachandra. Does it means one server cannot hosts multiple MongoDB versions?

Hi @Lee_Hong_Leung,

Yeah, you can have multiple versions of MongoDB on one server.

Most likely the path for version 3.4 was listed above the path for version 4.4 and that’s why the first one was getting picked.

~ Shubham