Connect string does not propegate

WHen I choose connect in the cluster connection to create my string for connection for mongo shell instead of being filled in I get mongo “mongodb+srv://cluster0-za9pv.mongodb.net/test” --username
In the lab this is filled out

Hi @tim_78573,

I am trying to replicate the issue at my end to figure out why you are facing this issue. Meanwhile you can go ahead and manually fill in the –username in your Terminal/Command Line before connecting to the cluster.

And also can you please share the screenshot of the connection string.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

instead of getting full cluster name like in course example all if get is mongo “mongodb+srv://cluster0-za9pv.mongodb.net/test” --username

Hi @tim_78573, have you created a user for your Mongodb Sandbox cluster ?

And also it would be great if you could just share the exact screenshot of the connection string just as shown in the below screenshot.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Hi @tim_78573,

Can you please follow the steps mentioned below to see if you have successfully created the user or not.

Click on Database Access and you should be able to see the name and other details of the user for your sandbox cluster.

05%20PM

If you do not see anything like that then it means you have not created the user.

Kindly share the screenshots as well for the same.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Hi @tim_78573, As I can see in the screenshot, you have created two users. For this reason only your connection string does not contain any username.

Please use this connection string to connect to your sandbox cluster.

mongo “mongodb+srv://cluster0-za9pv.mongodb.net/test” --username m001-student

I have just added your user name m001-student at the end of connection string that you have posted.

Feel free to get back to us if you still have any query. Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

1 Like

PW?

Shubham_13709

July 22

Hi @tim_78573, As I can see in the screenshot, you have created two users. For this reason only your connection string does not contain any username.

Please use this connection string to connect to your sandbox cluster.

mongo “mongodb+srv://cluster0-za9pv.mongodb.net/test” --username m001-student

I have just added your user name m001-student at the end of connection string that you have posted.

Feel free to get back to us if you still have any query. Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Hi @tim_78573,

If you have followed the instructions mentioned in the course then the password for connecting to your sandbox cluster would be m001-mongodb-basics

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

ok looks like I may be in now

1 Like

Hi @tim_78573,

Great :clap: You are now successfully connected to the cluster.

Good Luck!!

Thanks,
Sonali

hate to ask but when connected to video and I try to follow screen looking for Jeff bridges it will not apply this is exact same value as video

Please include field.0 in quotes.Should work

Hi @tim_78573,

{ cast.0: “Jeff Bridges” }

This query used to work with the earlier versions of MongoDB, which is used in the lecture video.

But, with the current version, whenever you are using the “.” operator then you need to enclose the key within quotes. So the correct query would be:

{ “cast.0”: “Jeff Bridges” }

If you still have any issue, feel free to get back to us. Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Ok did not do anything but looks like my sandbox got whacked last night

Hi @tim_78573,

I believe you left the Compass open for a long while, without doing anything. Your connection experienced a timeout. I would recommend you to restart your Compass and that should solve the problem.

If you still have any issue, feel free to get back to us. Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

no compass shows in shell also with problem

1564072159551blob.png