Compass won't open on macOS Catalina 10.15

I can download and install Compass 1.19.12 (stable), not Community. When I try to open the program from the Applications folder, I get this alert. I’ve tried installing through both Homebrew and Chrome, and I get the same alert message. It also happens if I install Compass 1.20.0-beta.7. 15%20AM

Update Your System Preference => Security & Privacy => General =>
set (Allow App Download from ) the radio button to App Store and Identified Developers.

1 Like

Thanks @isaac_06659.

Hi @Rebecca_02008,

I hope your issue got resolved. However, if the issue still persists please feel free to get back to us.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Rajan
Curriculum Support Engineer

1 Like

I am having the same issue, although setting that radio button did not work for me. Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi @Patrick_16449,

It should work. Can you please share a screenshot of the changes that you made and the error message that you are getting ?

Thanks,
Shubham Rajan

Sorry for the late reply, I did eventually get it working. I had to find the file in finder and right click it and choose open, once I had done that it opens normally. @Shubham_Ranjan

1 Like

Hi @Patrick_16449,

I’m glad your issue got resolved. Please feel free to get back to us if you have any other query.

Thanks,
Shubham Rajan