Compass connection string to connect to Self-Signed certificate?

I have a small LAN with a Linux server running MongoDB 4.4.6 with a Self-signed certificate. I can connect to it with Compass 1.26.0 from a Windows server on the same subnet by filling in the connection fields individually and selecting SSL Unvalidated from the “More Options” tab. I have tried various connection string parameters but none seem to allow the connection to succeed.
What I have tried is:
mongodb://:@10.0.0.101:27017/?authSource=admin&readPreference=primary&ssl=true

mongodb://:@10.0.0.101:27017/?authSource=admin&readPreference=primary&ssl=true&tlsAllowInvalidCertificates=true

mongodb://:@10.0.0.101:27017/?authSource=admin&readPreference=primary&ssl=true&sslInsecure=true

mongodb://:@10.0.0.101:27017/?authSource=admin&readPreference=primary&ssl=true&tlsInsecure=true

mongodb://:@10.0.0.101:27017/?authSource=admin&readPreference=primary&ssl=true&sslValidate=false

but none of these connection strings seem to work, they all timeout with a message “self signed certificate”.
Is there any Compass connection string which allows connections to servers with self-signed certificates? Even when I successfully connect with the individual fields and then copy the connect string which gets displayed when I click on “Paste connection string” it doesn’t work with the copied connect string.

Is this a bug in Compass? It looks like it to me.

1 Like