Cluster showing warning icon but no information

In the web ui my Atlas cluster is showing a warning icon to the left of the cluster name and when clicked on is also showing a yellow warning icon next to the primary and both secondary nodes.

I have checked my network access setup was allow from anywhere and have not hit any operation limits I am aware of, in addition the Atlas platform status is showing no issues and aws is showing no issues.

I changed my network access setup to my current ip to try to force the cluster to respond but now the cluster is stuck on “configuring MongoDB”

If I try to connect through the mongo shell I get multiple CONNPOOL and NETWORK errors:
I CONNPOOL [ReplicaSetMonitor-TaskExecutor] Connecting to mba-cluster-shard-00-01.s6jpa.mongodb.net:27017
W NETWORK [ReplicaSetMonitor-TaskExecutor] Unable to reach primary for set atlas-kshaii-shard-0

Is there any way to fix this or even understand what the warnings are?

Thankfully this is my development cluster but the lack of any information and the cluster just failing is seriously worrying!

2 Likes

We’re having the same issue here. Our test M0 cluster is in AWS eu-central-1 and is inaccessible.

I tried to add my IP and also upgrade it to M2 but now it is stuck on
“We are deploying your changes (current action: configuring MongoDB)”

Maybe a platform issue then - my cluster is in the same location aws eu-central-1

Is this only impacting your M0 test cluster?

My cluster has just come back online as of 2021-05-17 21:03 London, approximate outage was around 20 minutes …

Edit: The realm app connected to the cluster was obviously failing during the outage, looks like its performance was degraded but is now returning to the baseline.

Ours is also up again now, (the upgrade to M2 failed).

We have other M0 clusters and they were unaffected (also in eu-central-1).

Strange, the only changes I was making at the time were to my Mongo Realm application function which deployed successfully, then when running my unit tests against the endpoint the cluster began returning errors and when looking at the M0 Atlas cluster in the Mongo dashboard it was showing the warning triangle for the cluster and all nodes.

There was no additional information in either the activity log or any notifications and the system status was showing no issues for mongo and aws.

Just to confirm this was the warning icon;

Looks like we will need a Mongo support agent to comment if there were api / network / load / platform issues for the period 2021-05-17 20:24 => 2021-05-17 21:03

same problem about 30 minutes ago, now its seem to work fine and no warning icon