Chapter 4: Advanced CRUD Operations Lab 1: Logic Operators

ch 4 lab 2 Hi Team,

can you please explain where it is going wrong. i am facing below error.

Hello @Pratap_Nayadkar ,

I think you have to close double quotes for $and like … “$and”. Let me know after that also you get error.

Hi, [A.S.B.PRIYA_TF_RCC
still it is not working and giving similar error.
db.zips.find({"$and" : [{“pop” : {"$gt" : 1000000}}, {“pop”:{"$lt" : 5000 }}]}).count()

Hi @Pratap_Nayadkar

I’m also doing basics and don’t have any prior knowledge about Mongodb. I think you may reconsider your logical operator while placing. I had used the following codes for that problem.

MongoDB Enterprise atlas-7aawne-shard-0:PRIMARY> db.zips.find({"$nor":[{“pop”:{"$gt":1000000}},{“pop”:{"$lt" : 5000}}]}).count()

MongoDB Enterprise atlas-7aawne-shard-0:PRIMARY> db.zips.find({"$and":[{“pop”:{"$lte":1000000}},{“pop”:{"$gte" : 5000}}]}).count()

I already posted the same query under Lab Question : Is my query correct? Let me know its help you in anyways to find the solution. If so help me out for that post.

Hi [A.S.B.PRIYA_TF_RCC]

Thanks, Priya…
Below worked for me. check if it works for you.
db.zips.find({"$nor": [{ “pop”:{ “$gt”: 1000000 } },{ “pop”: { “$lt”: 5000 } }]}).count()
11193 .

Hi @Pratap_Nayadkar ,

So you got it correct by entering the value?

Yes !! It was the correct answer.

1 Like

@A.S.B.PRIYA_TF_RCC, as I mentioned in your other post:

You do not get the correct answer here because

you cannot have pop greater than 1000000 and smaller than 5000 at the same time. With you would need to use $lte 1000000 and $gte 5000.

check the above thread. with $nor I got the answer.

db.zips.find({"$nor": [{ “pop”:{ “$gt”: 1000000 } },{ “pop”: { “$lt”: 5000 } }]}).count()