Chapter 2: Basic Aggregation - Utility Stages - Lab: Using Cursor-like Stages

Hi,

I have tried to match for movies only (type), which are released in USA (countries) and cast is not null/ exists, apart from matching for tomatoes.reviews.rating >= 3. Later, sorted by num_favs, tomatoes.reviews.rating and title in descending order. I have even limited results to 25 records. However, my answer seems to be incorrect. Any idea if I am missing anything here or if someone can help review my query?

Shravan

Okay, I have solved this problem, however, I think, the lab answer is incorrect. Why is the lab not considering movies only as per the problem - " For movies released in the USA…"? I think it should consider movies to filter and update the correct answer. Such opinionated questions would be difficult to answer in exams.

Hi @Shravan,

In the pipeline, we need to add a condition to filter the movies in USA.
I hope I am understanding your question correctly. Please elaborate your question so that I can help you better here.

Kind Regards,
Sonali

Thanks for your replies @Sonali_Mamgain

Based on the question - " For movies released in the USA…" - the data should be filtered with type: “movie” - as you see answer varies based on applying this filter. Does this make sense?

Hi @Shravan,

The filter: " For movies released in the USA" is reflected in the pipeline as: countries: "USA"

In this case, familiarising yourself with the dataset will be beneficial as it will make it easy for you to write query filters.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions.

Kind Regards,
Sonali

@Sonali_Mamgain After reviewing the structure of this dataset, I can say that there is a ‘type’ field which can be movie or series or something else. Now, if someone is familiar with the data structure, am certain they will apply the type filter based on the question, as USA refers to country field, so technically above statement resolves to two fields instead of just country field. Hope that helps.