Chapter 1: Ticket Connecting to Atlas

Under the Lab, it states that you can run the command TestReturnsOneMovie from within Visual Studio. I have tried to run it using a Dev terminal and also within the program itself by going to Views > Terminal and entering the command TestReturnsOneMovie.

I get the result: Command “TestReturnsOneMovie” is not valid.

I then tried to run it using the dotnet test --filter “Name=TestReturnsOneMovie” command and I got the result: “dotnet” is not valid.

My question is where do you run this command?

Hi @David_Thompson,

In the command prompt, navigate to mflix-cs directory and then run the unit test:
cd mflix-cs
dotnet test --filter "Name=TestReturnsOneMovie"

For this error, try to run dotnet --version and then run the unit test again.

If you still get the same error, please share the screenshot of the commands that you are running.

Thanks,
Sonali

I failed to specify that if I open a command prompt within the from windows and navigate to the repository that contains mflix-cs, I can run the test and it passes.

The confusion is the sentence that I can run it from within the visual studio program. The only terminal that I can see that accepts keyboard input is in the view > terminal.

It is in this terminal from within visual studio that I cannot run the command.

Hi @David_Thompson,

I am glad to hear that you were able to run the tests using command prompt.

You can find the required unit tests as shown in the screenshot below:

Double click the unit test, and then run the application.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Sonali

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.