Chapter 1 Labs 6-7

Good afternoon,
I downloaded project for java and I had imported as Existing Maven Project.
That gave errors with pom.xml. But I also tried to start mvn with spring-boot application.
I used -e and -X so with command mvn spring-boot:run (mvn spring-boot:run -e and mvn spring-boot:run -X) and it is like cannot receive connteing at projecdt ip adress (10.229.232.154) for important address to imporrt maven librarsies.
You can see image that i attached here.

Thank you.

Antonio Fabrizio

And this continuos more time …
Until

Can you also try using any IDE ? If yes, which IDE do you have? I am using IntelliJ IDEA and its working fine for me.

Also, I have observed learners having issues with higher version of JDK, if nothing works, try using 8 JDK version.

Kanika

Good morning yes I imported as maven project in IDEE that in general download dependecies but now it didn’t download all dependecies and cmd said like my pc cannot connect to that address 10.229.232.154 (I thought when maven dependecies of MongoDB java course are founded).
For answer at which IDEE I am using. I am uising Eclipse 4.16.0 build 20200615-1200.
And I have jdk 1.8 for all projects I did with this laptop.
And now I saw I used other workspace with setted jdk now I resetted also I will see and I will say you as soon as maven will be finish.
I attach some images for you.

Old dependecies for other projects generated here from pom.xml file of maven dependecies.
And now it must generated new folder for new dependecies here too

Thank you.

Antonio Fabrizio

Good morning,
also not that with setting jdk in Runtime Enviroments it always can’t download all dependecies.
Some depencies it download I saw but not all dependecies in pom.xml.
Like cannot estabilish connection on server of MongoDB java course with ip adress (10.229.232.154) only for same dependecies.
I attached images of pom.xml file and of all dependecies maker as error. And I used blue verthical line for dependecies makers error part.

Thank you.

Antonio Fabrizio

I see multiple src/ directories. Is it just because of how eclipse shows or something with the directory?

Can you try downloading zip folder again and extract into a new directory and try setting up ?

Kanika

Good evening,
is only how to Eclipse show that folder.
I tried to redownloaded it and I tried to recreate workspace for dependecies importing.
But it doesn’t work now too.
It gave me a problem with tools.jar but I added and it worked good without says me error too.
So now is the same problem of first. Like all I said.
And i think delete worksapace cannot be done nothing if I want delete dependecies I must delete all depedencies about this project in .m2 but I want be careful about that because there are other maven dependencies of all others projects

Thank you.

Antonio Fabrizio

Good morning,
now I printed pom.xml and deleted all the dependecies in folder .m2 followed pom.xml
after Eclipse IDEE re-imported all dependecies with this method but it gave me same errors of first like cannot import dependecies trought mongoDB server 10.229.232.154.
I saw other things too difference between one of that dependecy and another one.
I saw that others create a .pom and jar files and this dependency creates a .lastUpdated files and .properties file. And you can saw too it is like can export dependecies for the mongo DB Server connection 10.229.232.154.
I attach all images.

Thank you.

Antonio Fabrizio

Good morning,
I found the error was in setting.xml of my .m2 because my company said me to paste inside for projects that I will go to do.

So now the question is it: Can I reject .setting.xml as properties for my new Eclipse workspace?

Thank you.

Antonio Fabrizio

–I found in Eclipse (in Effective POM and not in pom.xml text)

–Folder with file and text of settings.xml

Good evening,
I already did that first you wrote me but doesn’t work can’t import the dependecies.
I tried to remove RELEASE one time but also didn’t work also maybe our versions of Eclipse are different because I have only Import and I filiter like Existing Maven project like in images that you can see in other community because I can’t attach here. Like you can see it finds dependecies at server 10.229.232.154 is the server project I will do here in my company as soon as they will activate VPN. Like you can saw in other link with images upstair. In image you will see that is configured in settings.xml that my company said me to copy in .m2 folder. Do you know if it is possible that server 10.229.232.154 hasn’t that dependecies?

Thank you.

Antonio Fabrizio

Good afternoon here,
I saw that it worked on my other no business laptop without connection at server GIANOS 10.229.232.154.
I attached image here.

Thank you also @kanikasingla, @Prasad_Saya and at all read or saw my post.

Antonio Fabrizio

–result of application mflix started:

That is amazing! :slight_smile:

Kanika