Certification exam conditions

Hi, first I’d like to congratulate the MongoDB team on the student pack benefits, they are really helpful and I have been taking the opportunity to dive deep into new concepts and tools.

Regarding the certification exam, it is stated, on the student pack page, that

During this COVID-19 time, we are here to help you. Complete one of our learning paths and enrich your resume with our free certification!

I have two questions regarding this:

1. Are eventual exam retakes also covered by this, or is it just the first attempt?
  2. The phrasing got me slightly confused. Is the free access to the certification exam part of the student pack program indefinitely, or only during the COVID-19 pandemic? If it is the latter, what would constitute a situational change so that the offer would no longer apply?

Thank you in advance!

:wave:
Hello @jpdamas well come to the forum!

There was already a thread touching the second of your questions.

However reading the pages, and that what you quoted, leaves the answer open when it will be ended. I’d assume that no one really knows when the COVID-19 pandemic will be ended. There will be an official statement on this from the WHO, as they say this will surely not in the close future. On the other hand the local recovery processes will be very different and at very different paces all around the world.

I’d take the chance given, take the learning path and go for the certification. This will not take too much time.

@Lieke_Boon, may I address this to you? So that this will not end in assumptions.

Cheers, Michael

2 Likes

Hi @jpdamas

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the forum!

The discount code can be used once.

Thank you @michael_hoeller for sharing more information :slight_smile: We don’t know when the COVID-19 pandemic will end. It might change in the future, but at this moment we offer the free certification temporarily now that most schools & universities are closed. As we expect that this situation will not change anytime soon, we have no plans to change this offer in the near future.

Good luck and thank you for using MongoDB :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.