Can't pate the cluster path into the cmd

Hi,
I’m trying to follow the lecture “reading documents: scaler fields” but can’t paste the link in the lecture notes into the shell. The shell is definitely installed. I’m guessing my problem is I’ve not properly got the shell open although I thought I had as I have MongoDB Enterprise > on my command prompt.
Can someone please give me a step by step on how to get to a point where I have the shell open and can paste the command to connect to the cluster from when I open the windows command prompt as I’m obviously doing something wrong. It is windows I’m using.

Thanks

If you can see this prompt, then you have the shell open. :+1::beers:

To paste onto the shell, simply right-click on the shell window and that’s it.
To copy from the shell, highlight the text and right-click the highlighted text.

Hi @Shona_78848,

In this video lecture we are connected to the Atlas class cluster. In your case you are already inside the mongo shell and that’s why are not able to connect to the Atlas class cluster.

Please exit out of the mongo shell using the exit command.

exit

Now, paste this connection string into the command prompt and run.

mongo "mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/test?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0" --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl --username m001-student --password m001-mongodb-basics

Hope it helps! If the issue still persists please feel free to get back to us.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

1 Like