Cant launch compass

Hello! I can’t launch Compass. In Kubuntu 18.04, I get this:

(mongodb-compass:31828): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:68:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-x is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version
(mongodb-compass:31828): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:69:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-y is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version
(mongodb-compass:31828): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:73:46: The style property GtkScrolledWindow:scrollbars-within-bevel is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

Can anyone please help me?
Thanks

Hi @gabriela_84469,

Which version of Compass have you downloaded. If it is not the latest and Stable one, I will request you to download from mongodb.com/download-center/compass.

Meanwhile, I am checking the compatibility of Compass with Kubuntu. I will get back to you after testing.

Edit: Please let me know if you are using 32-bit system or 64-bit system.

Kanika

I,m using 1.18.0 (Stable),this is the file: mongodb-compass_1.18.0_amd64.deb. My system is 64-bit.

Thanks Kanika,

Gabriela

Hi @gabriela_84469,

Can you please share the full screenshot with the command that you ran with the complete output of the error.

I believe these are just normal warnings that can be ignored.

Thanks,
Kanika

The installation process finished successfully. When launching compass, the screen appears and says “loading”.
This never ends therefore I can not start using Compass. It’s the same from the menu and from the command line
thanks for you help
Gabriela

Sorry, the command was:
mongodb-compass

Hi @gabriela_84469,

Thanks for notifying the issue. I am able to replicate this.
I have notified the team for this. I will let you know as soon as we get any more update.

Meanwhile, you can continue with the course using Mongo Shell. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks again,
Kanika

Today I’m able to launch Compass. I turn on mi computer, I try to launch and the problem didn’t show. I’d like to know what happened…

Hi @gabriela_84469,

Glad to hear that!!

There was some issue in the Compass for Linux based platform, but now it has been resolved.

Good luck for the course!!

If you face any other issue, please feel free to post on forums.

Thanks,
Sonali