Can't connect to Sandbox cluster -

audrey.dannenbaum@Audreys-Air ~ % mongo “mongodb+srv://sandbox.5yfss.mongodb.net/test” --username m001-student

MongoDB shell version v4.4.1

Enter password:

connecting to: mongodb://sandbox-shard-00-01.5yfss.mongodb.net:27017,sandbox-shard-00-02.5yfss.mongodb.net:27017,sandbox-shard-00-00.5yfss.mongodb.net:27017/test?authSource=admin&compressors=disabled&gssapiServiceName=mongodb&replicaSet=atlas-897a48-shard-0&ssl=true

*** It looks like this is a MongoDB Atlas cluster. Please ensure that your IP whitelist allows connections from your network.

Error: can’t connect to new replica set master [sandbox-shard-00-02.5yfss.mongodb.net:27017], err: AuthenticationFailed: bad auth Authentication failed. :

connect@src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:374:17

@(connect):2:6

exception: connect failed

exiting with code 1

audrey.dannenbaum@Audreys-Air ~ %

I’ve made sure my network access currently allows all IP addresses so I don’t know why I might be getting this error. I’ve read the other comments with others facing the same issue but can’t seem to find an answer or solution.

Help would be greatly appreciated so I can continue on with the course!

Most likely you entered the wrong password.

Isn’t the password just meant to be my admin password? I’ve entered it multiple times and still gotten the same error

since you connect with m001-student user you must use the password for this user. the password is something like m001-mongodb-basics if you followed the user creation steps indicated in the labs.