Cannot find database results in chapter 3

I did a query to see if someone else has the same problem and found one person. However, the answer given in that post did not solve my problem returning:

MongoDB shell version v4.0.11
exception: No digits

Any ideas?

Thanks,

R.

@ralvez

Was the other suggestion about quotes?

Nope. It was just like mine asking where the database was located.
I tried the answer but did not work for me.
R.

Can you share the command which is giving the error? And are you trying to connect to the db?

Hi @ralvez,

I believe you are trying to connect to your sandbox cluster. If the issue is not resolved yet then please share the connection string that you are using along with the screenshots of the error message that you are getting.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

I’m not sure we are understanding each other :slight_smile: so let me clarify a bit.
In chapter 3 we are told

In the M001 class Atlas cluster you will find a database added just for this week of the course. It is called results.

I’m unable to find such database. Where do I find it?
I found a similar question before but the answer did not help me.
If I can be pointed where to go to find it it would be helpful.
Thanks.

R.

Hey @ralvez,
So I ran this connection command

mongo "mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/test?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0" --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl --username m001-student --password m001-mongodb-basics

and then ran

show dbs

below are my results. No pun intended :slight_smile:

resultsDB

1 Like

Hi @ralvez,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Please follow the steps mentioned by @natac13 and you should be able to find the results database.

If you face any other issue, feel free to get back to us. Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

1 Like

doesn’t work it on my computer
you are connecting through mongo shell?

Hey @sarthak_3222

The command

mongo "mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/test?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0" --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl --username m001-student --password m001-mongodb-basics

Is to connect to a running daemon using the shell (mongo) yep.

What error are you getting? Or what seems to be the trouble?

Hi @natac13 the following link works on shell, but when im connecting through compass the dbs aren’t showing up.

Hi @SurajKarmakar,

Please use this connection string for connecting to the class atlas cluster from Compass.

mongodb://m001-student:[m001-mongodb-basics@cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net](mailto:m001-mongodb-basics@cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net):27017/?authSource=admin&replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0&readPreference=primaryPreferred&appname=MongoDB%20Compass&ssl=true

Paste it in the box which says - Paste your connection string (SRV or Standard )

Hope it helps!

Please feel free to get back to us if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

1 Like

Hi, I tried this string

Blockquote
mongodb://m001-student:m001-mongodb-basics@cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/?authSource=admin&replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0&readPreference=primaryPreferred&appname=MongoDB%20Compass&ssl=true

And this is the error message that I get
Unescaped at-sign in authority section
Also when I try to key in the fields manually , I get a server time out exception although iam able to reach the site both through tracert and ping.
COuld you have a look please

Hi @Anand_02159,

If you are getting a server selection timeout error then it means network/firewall issue at your end. Can you please share a screenshot containing the parameters that you have entered on the connection screen ?

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Hi @Shubham_Ranjan
Here is the connection string that I use
mongodb://m001-student:m001-mongodb-basics@cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/admin?authSource=admin&replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0&readPreference=primaryPreferred&appname=MongoDB%20Compass&ssl=true

Hi @Anand_02159,

It could be a network/firewall/anti-virus related issue. Can you please check ?

In addition to that, please confirm that port 27017 is not blocked by clicking http://portquiz.net:27017.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

I do not see the product “abc” per question( in the $elemMatch quiz) in the collection. Here is my screen shot of results.surveys. Please explain. Thank you.

Hi @Trinh_15600,

You need to click on the expand icon i.e. > in order to visualize it.

Hope it helps!

Please feel free to get back to us if you have any other query.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

2 Likes