Can not imported the data into Atlas!

Whenever I try to import the data given to us from the course handout, I recive this error:

2019-05-15T15:34:08.262-0400 error parsing command line options: error parsing uri (mongodb+srv://m220student:m220password@mflix-mb34u.mongodb.net): lookup mflix-mb34u.mongodb.net on 127.0.0.53:53: cannot unmarshal DNS message
2019-05-15T15:34:08.262-0400 try ‘mongorestore --help’ for more information

I am using this string foro my connection:
mongorestore --drop --gzip --uri mongodb+srv://m220student:m220password@mflix-mb34u.mongodb.net

I’m able to connect to atlas from CLI and also from compass.

There are many threads in our forums.Please check
Replace with your connect string in below command.Try with and without quotes etc
Make sure you are in correct directory

mongorestore --drop --gzip --uri “mongodb+srv://m220student:m220password@<YOUR_CLUSTER_URI>” data

Hi @Ranger_80387,

Let us know if you are still facing issue after doing as @Ramachandra_37567 has suggested. :slight_smile:

Kanika

I try with out quotes, still the same, gave me back same error, whenever I do o

I doing without quotes, and Also with quotes, still same result.

Hi @Ranger_80387,

Which version of MongoDB are you using? Can you please download the latest one (4.0.9) and try again?

Edit: I am importing the data for you. I used below command from mflix-python directory:

mongorestore --drop --gzip --uri mongodb+srv://m220student:m220password@mflix-mb34u.mongodb.net data

Kanika

I am facing the some problem:thinking:

Please share the mongorestore command you are using. Also, a screenshot will help.
Check if you have firewall up.

Kanika

mongorestore --drop --gzip --uri mongodb+srv://m220student:m220password@mflix-qw16p.mongodb.net data

Do I have to navigate to mflix-python directory first?

Thanks in advance!

Slavisa

P.S.: Working in Windows is a real pain :rage: Every time I restart the shell I must set the path of Mongoshell via set PATH=%PATH%; is there any fix for this?

Hi @Slavisad_26,

Yes.

Hehe, I understand the pain. Here is the screenshot that might help. You can set Environment variable, once and for all:

Kanika

Dear Kanika,

thank you so much, done! Now it is working. I will finish my M103 first, then enroll for M220P in the next term. It’s quite much new stuff and I want to do it properly.

Have a great time!

Kindest regards,
Slavia

1 Like