Can Load SandBox Into Compass, But Not Mongo Shell

Hi,
I am having the opposite problem were I can connect via the shell but can’t via Compass. Could you help please.
I am getting two different error on e of them being.

That one literally means either the username, password or both are wrong for the server you’re connecting to.

Thanks for getting back to me.
The username is definitely correct I can validate that by the connection string.

And that password is associated to that Username. I am now seeing this issue.

Well, that’s one step further, right? :slight_smile:

Again the error message is right there. This time it says it cannot find the replica-set “FirstCluster-shared-0” on the server you sent it to. Of course, this could also be down to the access rights you have given the user in question.

Thanks for getting back to me, I had to re-install Compass twice before it finally worked with all the same credentials so it’s a problem with how it dowloads I guess.

I had a similar issue with what seems to be a completely different resolution. I could not connect to our shared cluster using:
mongo “mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/test?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0” --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl --username m001-student --password m001-mongodb-basic

AND…
Compass stopped reconciling simple filters. I rebooted the machine and all was well, for a while.

The shell stopped connecting again later, I simply changed the authentication db from /test to /video and I was able to authenticate. I quit() immediately and changed back to /test and connected fine.

Could this be some cache issue on my machine? Especially in the case where Compass stopped recognizing even a simple filter.

Which brings up another question: Is it ok to connect to the same database at the same time with Compass and the shell?

Yes, you can connect to the same database at the same time.