Would the following use-case be appropriate for MongoDB?
I’m looking at storing and querying census data -its something relational DBs can’t handle…
What the data looks like relationally:
- 500k rows (number of people in small census)
- 50k columns (every answer from every question)
- The values are 0, 1, Null (ie person answered no, yes or didn’t answer)
What queries we want to do:
- Aggregated Counts e.g. how many people were “born in State A” AND “are female” AND “are vegan”. In pseudo code
COUNT(born_state_a=1 AND female= 1 AND vegan=1)
- Capable of returning result < 1 second-ish
Any and all comments are really appreciated. What do you think?