BASH Environment

Hi there Sirs/Madams,

Should I use a separate BASH environment for this course or will the Windows command line be sufficient?  Thanks.  

Sincerely,
                Jai

Hi @Jai_33176,

Windows command line will be sufficient. :slight_smile:

Kanika

Hi Kanika,
Thank you for your response. I thought it would be easier to follow with a Linux environment since that is what the instructor seems to using. I have another question. I’m having trouble with npm start, I keep getting error messages. Is it because I’m not specifying the port? Here is the screenshot. Thanks.

It seems like URI issue in your configuration file. Please share contents of your .env file.

Kanika

Hi Kanika,
Here’s the contents of my .env file:

Ticket: Connection

Rename this file to .env after filling in your MFLIX_DB_URI and your SECRET_KEY

Do not surround the URI with quotes

SECRET_KEY=superduper_super_secret_key_you_should_change
MFLIX_DB_URI=mongodb+srv://m220student:m220password@cluster0-yekah.mongodb.net/test
MFLIX_NS=sample_mflix
PORT=5000

Is your IP white listed?

Can you connect with the shell or compass?

I know I cannot connect but that’s fine if you only white listed your own address. However, if it is what you did and moved to another station you need to white list that new address.

Hi Steve,

This is a screenshot of the white list. Please let me know if it’s correct.

I can connect to the shell and I can connect to Compass. Here is the screenshot for the Compass connection, I’m unsure what the hostname should be.

Thanks for your help.

Your IP allowed list is ok.

However it looks like you are not connecting to the same cluster.

In your npm start screen shot, it is cluster0-yekah.mongodb.net and in compass you show a connection for mflix-uitdk.mongodb.net.

Hi Steve and Kanika,
I forgot to change the MFLIX_DB_URI. I did that and it seems to be working. I still have to run the connection tests. Thanks again for all of your help. - Jai

1 Like