--authentication option and --SSL option in given connection string missing

When copying the connection string in my command line i noticed that the --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl part is not present in the connection string. I can connect fine with the database with and without this section added. Is it necessary in the future of this course to connect with this added?

My current connection string:
mongo “mongodb+srv://sandbox-xxxxx.mongodb.net/test” --username m001-student

How it looks like with the --authentication and --ssl added manually:
mongo “mongodb+srv://sandbox-xxxxx.mongodb.net/test” --username m001-student

Thanks in advance for your answer

Hi @Esly_Goethals_89705,

mongo “mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/test?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0” --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl --username m001-student --password m001-mongodb-basics

The connection String used to connect to the class Atlas Cluster is in Standard Connection String Format where you have to specify the ssl option to be true or false explicitly. Moreover, the authenticationDatabase option is to authenticate the user, with the mentioned username and password, against the admin database.

mongo “mongodb+srv://cluster0-4haxi.mongodb.net/test” --username m001-student

The connection String used to connect to the Sandbox cluster is in DNS Seedlist Connection Format where the TLS/SSL for the connection is enabled by default. Moreover, while creating the Atlas Sandbox cluster, the user is given “Read and write to any database” privilege over the cluster. So we can skip authenticationDatabase option. Please refer to the screenshot below:

I hope it helps!
If you have any other doubt, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sonali

Thank you very much for your answer, that definitely explains everything.

Have a great day.

Esly