Authentication of MongoDB compass

I am pasting the same info as given in the lecture notes in my compass form fields,but its showing the message “authentication failed”.

Authentication failed means wrong password
Are you connecting to Class cluster or your Sandbox?
Please check no empty spaces or invalid characters while filling the fields
Are you able to connect with shell?

Hi @Devansh_19256,

In addition to @Ramachandra_37567,

I hope your issue got resolved. If not then please make sure you have entered the correct combination of the username and password. Sometimes copy/paste operation introduces some junk character which will result in the failure of the authentication.

If that is not the case then please share the screenshot of the connection parameter that you have filled in.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

1 Like

thanks for solving this problem,but there’s another problem i am facing that i am not getting the video database displayed in my compass even after uploading it through the command prompt.Please look into this matter quickly as i am stuck there :frowning:

Hi @Devansh_19256,

I have responded to you on this thread.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Hello Everyone,
I have a quick question regarding the content in mongodb university. Once the course is completed and certification is provided to a user. Does the user still have access to all the modules in the certification program ?

Hi @Dinesh_74669,

First of all, a small correction here. After you complete any course on MongoDB Unviersity, we provide you the proof of completion and not the Certification.

Certification is entirely different from the proof of completion. To know more about MongoDB Certification, please visit our MongoDB University website.

Yes, you will have access to the video lectures.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan