Atlas Hosted BI Connector Not Showing Mongo Views

I’m using the BI Connector with Tableau Online. The Connector is hosted in Atlas so there’s no drdl file that I’m aware of. I created some views in our db which show up in the list of collections. But when I connect from Tableau Online, it displays all of the collections except for the views. Since everything is hosted in Atlas, all I’m seeing is the connection info I use in Tableau Online but not anywhere I can add namespace options for the views. How do I connect to the Mongo Views?

Hi @Chris_Ulanowicz,

Welcome to MongoDB community!

Views should also be mapped as collections by the BI Connector.

I would check the following things:

1. Does the MongoDB user connected to the BI tool has the needed privs to read the views?
  2. Is the current set sample interval was triggered to remap the new views?
  3. Are the views producing results? Empty Views are not mapped.
  4. Do you have less than 4000 collection/views/arrays in total? BI connector limit.

If none of the above is the root of this please open a case with Atlas support.

Thanks
Pavel

1 Like

Have you managed to solve this problem?

I’m struggling figure it out

Hi @Lucas_Ramos - Using Atlas BIC and Tableau Desktop I am able to see my views that I created on my Atlas Cluster. Are you just not seeing them or is an error within Tableau being generated? If you provide a bit more information I maybe be able to assist.
I know within the Tableau Data Source screen within Desktop, I need to actively search by name for my views or collections. Upon connection (I’m using the Other Databases ODBC" server for connection) , the databases show, but I need to type in the view or collection name(s) to gain access to the data within them. I haven’t tried this out specifically within Tableau Online - let me know if you’d like me to try this, it should produce the same result. If you could give me some more info, I can help you get on track:

1. Are you in Tableau Desktop, Online, or Server? all should work
  2. Are you connecting with our MongoDB BIC ODBC or our MongoDB BIC JDBC Driver?
  3. Are you connecting to the server with either Other Databases ODBC or Other Databases JDBC as opposed to the “MongoDB BI Connector” option - which we are actively trying to remove from Tableau since it is not producing connection results?
  4. I assume you have enabled Atlas BIC on the cluster you are trying to connect to, do you make a connection and can see collections but not your views?

Looking forward to hearing more so you can start seeing you data:)

Alexi

1 Like

Hey @Alexi_Antonino in my case the Sample Refresh Interval was 0 I just set it to 30 seconds and it’s working now

1 Like