Are you Behind a Firewall?

Im little bit confused, is that first install the monogodb then check the port is blocked or not?

Could you please link to the exact thing you are referring to in the course? Or provide a screenshot?

Hi Zeeshan_Tariq_82257,

I am not sure what you are asking specifically. If you are asking that if you can download MongoDB/Compass regardless if your system allows PORT 27017 or not, the answer is YES, as you can setup your configuration files and change the port for mongod to use.

If you want to check the port for connecting to our Atlas cluster, then you can check if the port is allowed on your system: http://portquiz.net:27017

Outgoing port tester

This server listens on all TCP ports, allowing you to test any outbound TCP port.

You have reached this page on port 27017 .

Your network allows you to use this port. (Assuming that your network is not doing advanced traffic filtering.)

If the output is same as above, continue the course, otherwise, you can ask your IT team to resolve the issue or you can use your home machine.

Let me know.

Kanika

the problem is resolved
Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

I am able to reach the above page on port 27017.

However, I am not able to get any request when I type “ping cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net” in the command prompt, I am getting the below output.

Pinging ec2-34-195-121-130.compute-1.amazonaws.com [34.195.121.130] with 32 byte
s of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 34.195.121.130:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Can any of you help me?

Your firewall might be blocking the request. If you are using an office machine, try to use it on your home machine.

If you want it to run in the same machine, you need to contact your IT team to resolve the issue.

Kanika